This is a step-by-step guide to give you maximum confidence
your beautiful shoes will fit.
1. Ensure you have the right size
This is an easy one, as the right size should be the shoe size you have been using all your adult life.
2. Check your foot length
Check that your selected size matches your foot length
using the table and picture below. To measure your foot length, place it on a sheet of paper and draw an outline around it, ensuring that the pen is kept vertical and as close to your foot as possible.
3. Allow for close fitting shoes
All dance shoes need to fit quite closely to guard against slipping in the shoes. Our shoes are sized with very close fit.
4. Converting sizes
If you need to convert to UK, Australian or Japanese sizes you can refer to our women's sizes
and men's sizes
5. Allow for materials
You have a great choice of different materials, including leather, suede, satin and high quality imitation patent. Each of these materials behave differently.
6. Choose the toe of your shoe wisely
- LEATHER shoes will mold to the shape of your foot, and after a few months will fit precisely and feel nice and soft. Our guideline: buy leather shoes that are close fitting but not too much. They will feel a bit tight to begin with, but after a while will feel incredibly comfortable.
- SUEDE shoes will give more than any material, because suede leather is softer than normal leather. Our guideline: buy suede shoes that are quite close fitting. Like leather, they will feel a bit tight to begin with but will mold precisely around your feet.
- SATIN shoes are firm and will not mold much. Our guideline: buy satin shoes that not close fitting, which sometimes means going half size up.
- PATENT shoes are also quite firm and close fitting. They will hold their shape for a very long time. Our guideline: buy patent shoes that not close fitting, which sometimes means going half size up.
7. Changing sizes
- Open toe shoes have a larger opening at the end that shows all of the toes. These are suitable for normal to narrow feet.
- Peep toe shoes have a smaller opening at the end that shows part of the toes. These are suitable for normal to wider feet.
- Close toe shoes completely enclose the toes. They are suitable for normal to narrow feet, and also for beginner dancers.
You've ordered your shoes, performed the size check... and found you need to change your size? You have 24 hours from the time we email you the invoice to reply to the email, telling us of your revised size. Easy!